If you are considering selling your home, one question you are probably asking yourself is how long on average it takes to sell a home. The answer will vary depending on where you seek the answer:
- Com suggests the average time a house takes to sell is 10-21 days
- Com reports the time from putting the home on the market to completing closing paperwork is 65 days
- Com states that the average is 49 days
Regardless of which of these numbers is accurate, you will also need to keep your expectations in check by reminding yourself that where your home is will play a big role in what your actual time to sale is. If there is great demand for your home, you may have no problem selling it fast. But if you live in a less desirable area, you are in for a longer wait. Or perhaps your area is nice, but too many other homes are available, whether they were recently built or older homes for sale.
However, if after reading this you are frustrated by the potential of a long and drawn out sales process and are asking “is there an alternative way to get someone to buy my house fast?” then you will be pleased to know that the answer is yes!
By selling your home to a home buying company like FasterHouse, you can dramatically shorten the amount of time needed to get cash for your property. Here is how the quick and simple process works:
- First, you contact one of our local home-buying experts to discuss your needs
- Next, we will schedule a consultation to come view your home in person
- We will walk through your home to understand what sort of condition it is in currently
- Then we will review our information and make an offer to you
- You can review our offer and get back to us with whether or not you would like to accept the offer; our first offer is our best offer, so there will be no need for you to counteroffer or negotiate
- If you choose to accept our offer, we will work with the local contacts we have built over our many years of serving the greater St. Louis area. We can partner with title companies for closing and recommend other companies who can help you get rid of clutter in your home or complete other tasks related to moving
- You show up to closing, sign the appropriate paperwork, and get cash for your home fast!
Consider how many fewer steps that is than a more traditional sales process involving a real estate agent, or even by selling the home yourself. You will lose lots of time with all the usual steps involved in a real estate agent-driven sale, including carefully staging the home so that it looks great when potential buyers come by, including everything from making sure the lawn looks its best to making sure trees are trimmed and the exterior of the home itself looks great. This also includes making repairs to the home, spending time painting and making other cosmetic improvements, waiting for the right buyer to come along and fall in love with your home, and then negotiating through your agent on the best offer for the home from your potential buyer. And even once you have an offer, you still have to wait for the closing process to complete. If you like waiting, this type of sale is definitely for you.
When you consider how much simpler this is and how much time and money you might be able to save, you will see there is a great case to be made for selling your house as-is.
If you find yourself asking how can I get someone to buy my house fast, you may well be able to get the quick sale – and quick cash – you need by selling your home as-is. If you would like to get started with the process, or you simply want to learn more, contact us today. You can reach us by phone at 314-926-0660, or you can fill out this form and we will get back to you to discuss more about your unique situation. Don’t wait – call today to get started on your fast home sale!