When it comes to selling a home, most people think of hiring a real estate agent to help them set a price, market their home though web sites and signage, show it to prospective buyers, and guide them through the closing process. While there is certainly value in that approach, it is not for everyone. The fees associated with this type of sale are something many people would like to avoid, while others wish to speed up the selling timeline.
For those looking to simply avoid the fees, selling your home yourself can be a good alternative. Of course, this assumes that you have time to:
- Research sales prices in your area
- Declutter the home
- Stage the home
- Find your own methods of marketing it, including providing your own signage, brochures, etc., and finding highly-trafficked web sites to promote it on
- Show it to prospective buyers
- Handle negotiations on repairs and sales pricing requests from your buyer
- Journey through the closing process
That’s a lot of steps, and in turn, a lot of time. If you are working a full time job already, this may not be realistic. So what do you do if you want to save on agent fees AND save time as well? The answer lies in selling your house as-is.
What makes an as-is sale different from these other more traditional types of sales?
- No real estate agent needed!
- No showing the home to several prospective buyers – You contact a home buying company who reviews the home and makes you an offer based on the local housing market
- No staging the home
- No purchasing signs or paying to have the home listed on web sites or in newspaper classified ads
- No making repairs to the home’s interior or exterior
- No negotiating
- Get paid in cash!
Those probably all sound like appealing options, and they are the main reasons that a growing number of people in St. Louis choose to sell their homes as-is rather than through an agent or through a for sale by owner approach.
You may also find that special circumstances in your life are pushing you towards an as-is sale. We help local area residents in all kinds of situations, including:
- Transitioning to a Senior Living Facility: You may need to sell your home or a loved one’s home quickly so that you or they can move into a retirement home
- Downsizing: If you are looking for a more easily managed living situation, or your kids have moved out of the house and you have more room than you need, then selling your current home for cash to pay for a new downsized residence is a great option
- Job Transfers: Moving across country or across the state for work? You will need to offload your old home so that you are not stuck making mortgage payments on multiple homes.
- Probate: Selling a home as-is can be the fastest way to get cash for a home that needs to be sold due to probate
- Rental Houses: Tired of renting out your home? Having bad luck with renters? Sell your rental house as-is and put your rental worries behind you while getting quick cash too!
- Foreclosure: If you are behind on payments, you may choose to sell your home as-is rather than fall further behind and face foreclosure
- Moving from townhouses or villas: Townhouses and villas can make great housing options, but many people find that changes in their life stage necessitate moving into a house. If you are moving from a townhouse or villa that you own to a house because you are getting married or having children, then you may want to consider the benefits of selling your home as-is
These are just a few of the many reasons that people choose to sell their homes as-is. The process itself could not be more simple. You can contact one of our local home buying experts, and they will schedule a consultation. While visiting your home, they will put their keen knowledge of the local market and years of experience buying homes to formulate an offer.
Our first offer is our best offer, so you will not need to worry that this is the first step in a long negotiation. You can review the offer and decide if it makes sense for you.
Our offer is not based on contingencies like you making repairs to the home’s interior or exterior. An as-is sale means exactly that – we buy it in the condition it is in when we visit.
If you choose to accept our offer, we will move on to the closing process and soon you will have cash in hand from your as-is sale.
Whether you are ready to move forward with your sale or have more questions you’d like answers to, you can contact us today via our handy form or by phone at (314) 926-0660, or fill out this form.